Serving March 2016 - August 2017

Monday, April 25, 2016

1st Week in Chile

(First a letter by Hermana Falslev's Mission President)
Dear Family of Sister Falslev,

We are pleased to inform that your daughter has arrived safe and sound and smiling to the Chile Osorno Mission. It was a pleasure for us to greet your daughter upon her arrival and feel her desire to serve. Enclosed is a picture that we took with her shortly after her arrival. After a short period of orientation regarding mission procedures, customs of the country, etc., we assigned Sister Falslev to work in the city of Pichipelluco with Sister Schroeder as her companion.  Your daughter's address during her time in the mission will be:

Sister Brianne Falslev
Casilla 7-0
Osorno, Chile

Sister Obeso and I love our missionaries and are truly happy to have the opportunity to work with Sister Falslev. We appreciate your willingness to share her with us as she works as a missionary and ambassador for the Lord in Chile. Sharing the gospel with these deserving children of our Father in Heaven will certainly bring great joy and satisfaction to her, and to you as well. Thank you so much for helping her get to this point.

Please write her regularly–at least once a week. Your love, interest, and support will be of great help to her. Should there be any emergency or if you desire information regarding any urgent situation, please feel free to contact the Missionary Department in Salt Lake City rather than go to the expense of phoning the mission here in Chile.  

The missionary work is progressing rapidly here in southern Chile, and I hope that you will share in her exciting mission experience as Sister Falslev writes to you weekly and keeps you informed of her challenges and achievements and experiences.

Sincerely,
President Rodrigo Obeso
Chile Osorno Mission




(Now to Hermana Falslev's letter for this week!) 

HOLA!!!! What an amazing first week in the field!!

So Tuesday I met my Trainer, Hermana Schroeder from Kansas. She has been out for 7 months and is 20! She is such a blessing and I love her so much! We got to Puerto Montt and went right to work! I meet so many ward members the first night and they are all so amazing! The Rodriguez family is amazing and he is the first counselor in the Bishopric. He and his family are planning to move to Riverton in the near future!! So cool!! They have been a huge blessing in my life and I know I was sent here to meet them! Such an amazing family!! We have been contacting like crazy and sometimes I still get nervous to talk, but know that I need to. My Spanish is coming along more and more each day! My Trainer is such a huge help! We meet Christobal about three days ago and we met up with him and had an amazing lesson! I know I was supposed to meet him the first night we meet him. He opened his door and after we talked to him for a little he started talking in English and it was amazing. He has been studying for about three years. We have another lesson with him tonight, so I have been praying like crazy so he can know our message is true!! I love the people here so much!! They treat you so much like family and are so kind and loving. We have lunch appointments each week and the people that feed us are amazing!!! Some of the best food I have honestly ever had, like so healthy and yummy... lots of vegetables! I walk about 10 miles a day so I am dead tired at night and sleep like a baby! The children are all so beautiful and sweet here, I love them all so much! People of Chile love their children so much, so I love teaching them that families can be together forever!!! I love this Gospel so much!! I smile at everyone, I’m sure they think I’m crazy but I don’t care!! It’s so beautiful and I feel so blessed that this is my first area! I love being a missionary!! Love you all, thank you for your love and prayers!!

--

Hermana Falslev
















1 comment:

  1. Those are my parents :) Thanks Sister Falslev for serving and loving the Chilean people

    ReplyDelete