Serving March 2016 - August 2017

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Week 5


I can’t believe I have been out on the mission for over a month!! So crazy how fast time goes by… and I will be leaving for Chile on Monday at 3:30 Utah time!! I just can’t believe I have been at the CCM for 6 weeks!! 

This week was honestly the best week at the CCM! 

On Saturday, we had TRC again and it was soooo good! We met with this sweet lady, Pila. She was the biggest sweetheart. We shared a scripture with her from Moroni 10:4-5 and she just started crying and just bore her testimony of this Church and I was about to cry and then I bore my testimony and she was just so sweet!! After I was just like can I please have a hug and I just gave her the biggest hug. She makes me so excited to go serve in Chile! I told everyone how cute she was like 20 times. This last Sunday was soooo amazing. Before Sacrament started I asked my Presidente if I was speaking because they just usually announce it right before... and he said I wasn’t so I asked if I could... and he was so happy he was like we will change it right now to you. I talked first about my experience here at the CCM and how much I have learned and then my talk was about the priesthood! The spirit was so strong and the gift of tongues was so real and after everyone told me how much they felt the spirit when I was talking and I just started crying because everyone was being so nice. 

Hermana Pyatt and I were in charge of Book of Mormon study on Wednesday and we shared the story from Alma 30 I believe. One question we asked our District was reasons that make them excited to go serve the people of their mission. I’m so excited to being serving the people of Chile and help them in any way possible. We had such a good discussion as a District. 

My experience at the CCM has been more then I could have ever imagined. I have been blessed with some amazing teachers that have taught me so much. Latinos are amazing people, they love me hahaha. On certain nights after Devotionals, my District has such spiritual talks about what we learn and I will never forget. Like Sunday night we had one after a Devotional and we were all super emotional. I just remember my heart was literally burning with the spirit. 

Yesterday we had a second lesson with our investigator Luis and it was my favorite lesson this whole time at the CCM. We were teaching him about the Gospel and about faith... And he asked what faith is... he was just super confused and wasn’t sure what faith really was... So I just opened right up to Alma 32:21 and just bore my testimony to him and the spirit was soooo strong!! And Hermana Pyatt and I were just talking about things we hadn’t talked about and it was just amazing honestly! After the lesson we just gave each other a big hug and I almost started crying! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN TEACHING WITH THE SPIRIT!!

I hope my letters make sense haha I just have so much to say and never have enough time to say it. Thank you all for your love and support. These have been some of the greatest weeks of my life at the CCM! I’ve met some amazing people who will be lifelong friends!! My testimony has grown and grown as well as my faith. I know this Gospel is the truest thing on this Earth. And that our Heavenly Father wants the best for us each and every day and that our Savior loves us sooo much. I’m so excited to get into the field and serve and teach with my whole heart. So grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ. I’m off to the temple in an hour... MY favorite place!! God bless you all! 

--
Hermana Falslev



No comments:

Post a Comment