Serving March 2016 - August 2017

Monday, July 10, 2017

I HAVE NEVER FELT SO MUCH JOY IN MY LIFE!





3 July 2017

This last week I truly believe was my favorite week in the mission! We are teaching amazing investigators and so many miracles took place, that last night I couldn’t sleep thinking about all that happened!

Here we go...
Monday: We had a very spiritual, fun Family Home Evening with our mission leader! His family is so cute and got sealed in the temple about a year ago. We shared about the tree of life with his little girls and talked about how important it is to prepare ourselves against the world and hold to the iron rod! He thanked us for all we are doing in the Ward and for our examples and happy spirits!

Tuesday: I had intercambios with Hermana Ragauskas from Brazil! She is 24 and has been a member for 1 year and 6 months! She is AMAZING and has the strongest testimony ever.... She had a close family member pass away in a horrible accident and after that she started to go to her uncle’s church but she felt like she was missing something. She began to do as Joseph Smith did, she began to look for the true church. She was praying for help to find the true church, when, she remembered that her friend was 'Mormon' so she called her friend and said she wanted to meet with the Elders! So, she met with them on a Tuesday and they invited her to come to the temple grounds. As she was walking around the temple she had the strongest feeling that this is where she needed to be baptized. She told the Elders that she wanted to be baptized Saturday! They called their President and he talked to her and in the end said that she could be baptized in 5 days! She is now here on the mission and just barely left her training and is one of the best missionaries I have ever met! We had so much fun together and I truly feel like I was supposed to meet her! She is my sister from Brazil. I may have cried a little bit when she went back with her companion to their area!  She told me that she is the Brazilian version of Al Fox because she has a lot of tattoos! I love her and wish you all could meet her! We found a new investigator together named Karin and she was pretty much waiting for us to knock her door. She is looking for the true church!!!!!! We are going back to teach her this week!

Friday:
I had intercambios with Hermana Cookson from Utah! We had a lesson with Patricia our new investigator that gave me an umbrella that hasn’t broken in the wind. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! She has 19 brothers and sisters! What!! She is very loving and loves when we are in her house and feels such a special spirit, is what she tells us!

Okay here is another amazing story:
We had an amazing lesson with Ximena (30) and Josefa (8). I love these two with my whole entire heart! We have taught them the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation! Josefa was so excited to tell us that her and her mom had read the pamphlets that we left, that she told us before we even started the lesson. I asked Josefa a few questions to see what she had learned and she knew EVERYTHING! We felt to show the Restoration video and they loved it! Ximena at the end really opened up to us and said that she feels like Joseph Smith... because she wants to know what church is true. Meanwhile, Josefa left the room and then came back with a BOOK OF MORMON IN HER HANDS. I was so confused and asked where she had gotten the BOM because we hadn’t left one yet. They both begin to tell us that they had no idea where they had gotten it but that after reading the pamphlet they wanted to read the Book of Mormon and they found it in their house and they don’t know where it came from! WHAT?!!?!?! Josefa then says, “Yo creo que Dios lo puso en nuestra casa porque El quiere que lo leamos.” I have never seen an investigator so excited to read the Book of Mormon. I still can’t believe it... Josefa closed with a beautiful closing prayer with the help of her mom. I love them so much! I just wish you could all meet my investigators! I wish our lessons were caught on film so I could see my face when she brought out the Book of Mormon.


Another Miracle!!!!!
Our investigators Natalie (37) and Catalina (15) came to church on Sunday!!! No better feeling then giving them a hug as they walked into church! This may seem like nothing big but it is! This was their first time and they loved it! It was testimony meeting and every time I looked at Natalie she was listening to every word being said! The young women were so loving and welcoming to Catalina and she loved church!

This is the amazing part:
After our Gospel Principles class ended Natalie turned to us and said she had something to tell us. She began to tell us that Thursday night after our lesson she was going to bed and couldn’t sleep and felt scared... so... she said she began to PRAY! She said she prayed and instantly fell asleep and then... SHE HAD A DREAM WITH ME AND HERMANA CUÑA! She woke up the next day and she knew that was a sign that she had to come to church on Sunday. WHAT?! SO awesome.
I know that this is the Lord’s work and that He is working on both sides of the coin!
I seriously have like 5 more miracles I want to share but I can’t type fast enough! :( ha-ha.

I HAVE NEVER FELT SO MUCH JOY IN MY LIFE!

I just want you all to come join me on the mission so I don’t have to come home... because I miss you all, but I love my mission with my whole heart!

--
Hermana Falslev





















No comments:

Post a Comment