Serving March 2016 - August 2017

Monday, July 10, 2017

Week #70!


10 July 2017

I cannot believe how fast time is flying! I can’t believe I only have 5 weeks left... I am soaking up every minute... and today it is nice and sunny whoooo!
This week was a lot slower than last week but it was great as well!
One of my favorite momentos de esta semana was when we were knocking doors in a new part of our sector! We were looking for old investigators from the Elders... We felt to knock a door of this cute old house. This cute little grandma comes out and gladly lets us in her home. We get in and it’s the cutest little home ever and we then meet her husband. We sit down and I ask him if he believes in Jesus and he says 'claro que si´ meaning of course! Then we find out that they are members and they have been sealed in the temple! I felt so dumb hahaha... They just haven’t come to church because Jose can barely walk because of his hip. The amazing part was that they were really needing our visit. We sang for them and then got to know them a little better! One year ago, she lost her son in a horrible truck accident and as she told us what happened I bawled like a baby. She said that when she finally got to him he was all nicely dressed in his church clothes and he looked beautiful. She went and held him and on the back of his head she felt where they had stitched him up... She said that is when she began to cry... She said that in that moment she grew a lot closer to her Heavenly Father because he couldn’t help him when he was suffering for each of us. I cannot explain it as well as she did but the spirit was so strong.

I’m so grateful that one day each of us will be made perfect and whole again. I’m so grateful for Jesus Christ and all that He suffered for me... words will never describe the love that I have for my Savior. I just want everyone here to have the knowledge that I have of my Savior. I’m so grateful for this time in my life dedicated to helping others come unto Christ!

This week we had 3 investigators at church! There truly is no better feeling then when investigators have a desire to learn and grow. I love seeing them happy and sitting with the members. This work really is nothing without missionaries and members working together!
I was sitting next to our investigator Victoria when all the sudden I SEE TWO OF MY FAVORITE MEMBERS FROM OSORNO WALK IN! My sweet hermanita Agustina and her mom surprised me and drove all the way to Puerto Montt to come to church. I couldn’t help but cry these two angels are so special to me! I guess Augustina missed me so much that she kept bugging her mom to bring her to Puerto Montt! And they came!!!!!! I can’t tell you the joy I felt being with them again. She went to the temple in Santiago and did baptisms for the dead!

We have a lot to do this week... así que... Tengo que irme! jaja. Espero que estén bien. Estoy muy agradecida por cada uno de ustedes! SIENTO TAN FELIZ AQUÍ SIRVIENDO EL SEÑOR!

--
Hermana Falslev

 Noche de Hogar con familia Cou-cou

 My home Puerto Montt (I have served more than half my mission here)

 We had an activity for all the dads in our ward and this is what we ate.... Welcome to Chile.... 





 So many houses have been burning down lately and it makes me so sad when I hear the alarms going off! 





 This beet picture is for Grandpa Durrant... yo amo betarraga!!
 Also this is me with my empanada in a taxi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment