Serving March 2016 - August 2017

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Camera Broke & Flea Bites

27 February 2017

Javier who is our investigador... (He is who we found walking to the mission home and his girlfriend is a member) ... well he is going to be baptized but is moving to a city about 40 minutes from here.. He wants to serve a mission and everything.. So sad he is leaving.. I'm going to be calling the missionaries that are in his new area so that they can know who they are getting :) His girlfriend is Pamela and she as well is going to serve a mission! 

This week was beautiful! The weather is so nice lately. It’s still really hot but the nights are cool! No rain all week and it’s just so nice and beautiful.. I don’t want summer to end! 

Monday after writing home, I was trying to look at my pictures and the lens in my camera broke and I tried to fix it all week and ask people here for help but it’s long gone :(  I’m heartbroken because I'm a picture lover!

We had an amazing lesson with Carmin and her daughter Antonia this week! We went with a member, knowing they would hit it off and that’s exactly what happened! 

Her daughter Antonia is 15 years old and just barely told her mom that she doesn’t believe that God is real.. She was like can you guys help me, help her... We taught them The Plan of Salvation and it was perfect! They were both listening to every word we had to say.. They don’t have any type of religion in their house.. and so we explained it really simple with some videos and the Spirit was so strong in the room! When my companion spoke I could feel the spirit so strong and they were both listening so intently! They are so excited to read and pray.. 

It’s just so amazing to be able to teach these people that don’t know the basics about our loving Heavenly Father and His plan and about our Savior, Jesus Christ! There really is no better feeling! We were talking to the member that went with us and she LOVED IT! Working with the members really is what it is all about so that they can become stronger and in the meantime share their testimonies and their knowledge! 

We had intercambios this week and it was great! I was with Hermana Cardoso from Argentina.. she is amazing and we had a lot of fun! But in their house, during the night I got attacked by fleas and started itching like crazy in the night and in the morning woke up with about 20 bites and they itched soooo bad, but its getting better now, just trying my best not to itch them! I almost went the whole summer without getting bitten haha. 

My companion had a fever and migraine Saturday so Hermana Isom told us to have her sleep and she slept for almost the whole day.. and feels a  lot better! 

I really am sad to have Javier move but it doesn’t matter what missionaries are teaching him.. He was such an amazing investigator... he is reading the Book of Mormon every day and progressing so much and really understands it all! When our investigators read and pray and do the things we ask there isn’t much better than that.. and to really see them change.. I love it… Maria is still progressing and reading the Book of Mormon every time we go to visit, she is sitting in her chair reading! 

I love this work.. I love the members here.. I love it all! Thank you all for your support! Good luck to my little brother and cousins this week in basketball! Be safe all of you! 

-- 

Hermana Falslev

My cute valcano socks I found!

The best strawberries I have ever had

empanadas to die for ... bishop bought us them for lunch 

Intercambios with Hermana Lideres

Everyone here is buying wood for the winter.

A picture of all the letters I have recived from my mom!! I have the best mom ever!  And my cute feet with tan lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment