Serving March 2016 - August 2017

Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 52 of the Mission!!! ONE YEAR!

6 March 2017


I cannot believe that in 3 days I will hit my year mark! The time has flown by in a blink of an eye. I have grown more than I ever thought I would. My testimony is growing and growing everyday of this beautiful Gospel! I have had 7 amazing companions that have changed my life.. 3 areas where I have met amazing members that have also changed my life. I could go on and on about the amazing things that have happened in this last year! ITS BEEN LIFE CHANGING!  I’m in love with Chile and the people I have met and get to talk to everyday. 

This week was awesome! We found a new lady to teach named Maritza.. She lives with her two boys 14, and 7 and we knocked on her house and she was so nice and we asked if we could share a message with her and she gladly invited us in. We started out by sharing a video with her about our Heavenly Father and then talked to her about her religion and her life. She began to tell us how she is Catholic but has always felt like it wasn’t the church for her... so she has been going to a different church.. Evangelica.. but she began to tell us how she still feels like something is missing so she hasn’t been going to any other church.. so what do you think we shared with her? THE RESTORATION.. and as we finished she said this is what I am missing I am like those people during the apostasy that were looking for the truth! WHAT!!! Something you should all know is the people here love to talk and talk and talk.. and talk. She had so much to share with us about her life and something that Elder Stevenson taught us was that we need to LISTEN! So even though I wanted to keep teaching her I let her talk.. her and ex husband are separated and its been really hard for her because she wants a dad for her two cute boys and she has really bad depression and I felt like we really helped her just by listening. She wasn’t able to come to church because she flew to Santiago to meet with a doctor but she is looking forward to our next visit and to come to church this week!!! I love the miracles we see in this sector! 

I feel like I have talked about so many different people we are teaching.. but these are our investigators that are progressing....

Maria Trivino (73) should be getting baptized this month.. she wants to receive a blessing of comfort so she can know when she can be baptized.. she is amazing and has come to church 7 times with me. 

Carmin 37, Antonia 15, Trinidad 8, an amazing family that we found two weeks ago.

 Carolina and Juan Pable (37)

Angelica (67) progressing slow but she is awesome and like a grandma to me

Maritza (43) who we found this week!! 

Emilia (63) her sister got baptized in Utah about a year ago! 

Doris and her two granddaughters Martina and Carla 

We have a lot of others that I have talked about but that we haven’t been able to have a lesson with because of vacations or other reasons!

I feel so blessed in this sector! My companion is doing awesome and happy. Its been awesome to watch her grow every week! We have lots of things to do this week. Something that I love in the mission is watching everything come together... Not gonna lie I could finish my mission in this sector!!! Centro 2 for life!! Thank you all for you love and support.. I can’t believe I’m hitting a year this week.. I’m gonna burn a skirt or something to celebrate an amazing year in the Chile Osorno mission! Les QUIERO!!!!!! 

-- 

Hermana Falslev











No comments:

Post a Comment