Serving March 2016 - August 2017

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Yessenia // Puerto Octay

23 January 2017



Wow another week has come and gone in the mission! I cannot believe how fast time is going… Every week just goes by faster and faster! This week was HOT!!! My feet have the worst tan lines hahah. Everyone thinks it is so funny! 

This week was so good, just like always. I really never have a bad week. Some are tougher than others, but they are all good! I want to talk about Yessenia.. our new investigator from Heaven above. This woman is an angel! We knocked on her door about two weeks ago and yesterday we finally had a lesson!! Her boyfriend was sleeping in their house which is really small, so we went to a park and her two little boys (they are so cute and so well behaved) played at the park while we had a lesson with her. We just got to know her and talked to her about why we are here as missionaries and what we share. 

She began to tell us about her life and how she practically raised her little brothers because her parents were never around.. She told us about how when she was 15 two Elders knocked on their door and shared a video about the Book of Mormon and she just couldn't believe that about 20 years later we knocked on her door... She told us about how her former relationships have ended horribly and that her boyfriends would hit her and treat her horrible. That her two sweet little boys have never had a dad figure in their life. And she told us how her two boys have to stay home alone all day while she is at work for 12 hours... They are only  5 and 8 years old… She had so many questions for us and the spirit was so strong.. I started sharing my testimony to her about our Heavenly Father and how much he loves her… and that He has a perfect plan for her… And we are here to share this beautiful message with everyone. She started crying and crying and telling us that she wants to hear what we have to say.. As she talked I could feel so strong the love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for her. That she is so ready to hear what we have to say.. She is so beautiful and so happy even though her life is super tough… I felt the spirit so strong this day on this little park bench… ( I feel like this is all over the place but you get the point that she is amazing).

I love this sector with my whole heart... It has had a HUGE impact on my mission! HUGE! 

Yesterday we didn't have any citas and so we walked and contacted in the hot, hot weather! But at about 7 we took the food things that we had from Hna Isom and took them to their house… They invited us in and we had a good long visit with President and Hna Isom! We talked about our investigators and I gave president the idea to post pictures of the baptisms that we have as a mission every week and now they are doing it… He loved all my ideas I gave him and they were writing down all I had to say haha.  These two are the greatest and love me and Hna Hanosek so much. I cant even tell you how fun it was to be able to sit and talk to them on a Sunday night! SUCH  A BLESSING TO BE THE CLOSEST MISSIONARIES TO THEM! 

We went to the lake in Puerto Octay today and it was soooo beautiful!! Hope you enjoy the photos! 

I want to give a huge shout out to my little brother… He is playing some amazing basketball!! It breaks my heart to be missing it all because I have watched him play since I can remember! Love you so much Peyton and the coolest cousins Bracken and Mason!! Keep it up… I love hearing all about it!! I love you all so much!! 

So so so excited for this week with the whole mission coming together!! 

-- 
Hermana Falslev


Hna Yolanda (left) walking with our investigator Maria to church what a happpppy moment!!! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment