Serving March 2016 - August 2017

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Meeting the Isom's

3 October 2016



Hola my favorite people! This week was super amazing, just like always.

Wednesday we left with a member whose name is Julio and he is amazing. He served a mission in Santiago and is about 45 and isn’t married. So he always has time to help us out. He is just like our Savior Jesus Christ, he has so much love for everyone. He started contacting people in the streets with us. And he is one of the happiest, loving people I have ever met. Since he isn’t married, the rama is like his family he has love for all of them. For 5 hours he showed us where all the members lived... We visited menos activos, members, and new converts. My favorite thing of the night was when we went to visit Hermana Ida who is a new member of about a year... Well she has two sons who are not members and so we had a lesson with all three of them... The Spirt was so strong and we were talking about how this is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and this is the path and that this is the true Church... We invited her son Bernardo to be baptized on the 29 of October and he accepted if he comes to find these things are true. It was amazing and Julio was such a help... The members truly are so important in this work especially in a different country speaking a different language. Both Hermana Cook and I learned so much from Hermano Julio.

Then Friday we got to go to the mission home and meet President and his amazing wife.... wow! Our District was there taking turns having our interviews with President and so we were all talking to Hermana Isom and she was telling us about meeting with President Eyring and how amazing it was and that he started crying and saying that Heavenly Father has plans for everything and pointing to the Heavens! Presidente is amazing and you can just tell that he is so excited to be here and a little stressed too! But in my interview he just got to know me and I got to get to know him! He is a veterinarian. He and his wife both studied at Utah State and she got her degree in Elementary Education just like what I want to do! They have 18 beautiful grandkids... One of their kids is going to come visit for Christmas! They are both so sweet and loving! It was so fun to get to talk and know them!



Conference was amazing!! My favorite talk was Elder K. Brett Nattress's because it reminded me of my sweet mom who always read the scriptures to us in the morning and how important our moms are! I love my mom so much and would not have the testimony I have of this gospel without her! I also loved Rasband’s and Uchtdorf’s! So much about the Plan of Salvation and how blessed we are to know that there is an amazing plan for us! So much about missionary work it made me so happy!! We truly do need all the help we can get from the members! Love you all so very much and I KNOW THAT THIS CHURCH IS TRUE AND WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE WE HAVE!

--
Hermana Falslev











No comments:

Post a Comment