Serving March 2016 - August 2017

Monday, June 20, 2016

First Baptism! (Week 9)

20 June 2016


What an amazing week! 

Tuesday we had Zone Conference and it was 4 hours long! So good to be with President and his cute wife! We talked a lot about being consecrated missionaries! Hermana Obeso gave an amazing talk about how we need to ALWAYS be an example... everywhere that we go! President had me stand up and tell everyone why I was so happy and excited. It was so funny because he cannot pronounce Falslev haha... So I got up and just said that I love Chile and the amazing people here that have made such an impact on my life. 

Wednesday we went and finished our craft thing at Hermana Santana’s. I will send a picture, it was so fun and we just hung out at her house because Hermana S. was still on house bound. 
Thursday we got to start working again and visited all of our people and it was so good to get out of the house :) 

Friday we had lunch out in the country with the Valderas family and it was amazing, she is the best cook! She taught Hermana S. and I how to make kuchen and it was amazing! Elder Holland and Elder Scott have eaten at her house because her husband was Stake President! She said that Holland is the funniest and Elder Scott had the Spirit so strong with him that it was like static! So amazing! Even Elder Holland thinks her cooking is the best! Friday night we celebrated Elder Komenda’s birthday and an investigator brought some really good sushi, it made us all super happy! 

Friday night we were riding the bus in back from the country and this lady from our Ward sat down by us and I had a 30 minute talk with her in Spanish and it was amazing. I just wanted to cry because it made me SO happy! Then we were talking to our District Leader one night and he was like Hermana Falslev you sound like a Latino haha and then today we called to talk to the AP and he was like Hermana Falslev you sound like a Latino now from the last time we talked haha... I don’t know if they are being serious or not but hey I’ll take it! Thank you for all of you that have prayed for me. Spanish is not easy but through the help of my Savior I can do it! Just thought I would share that!  

SATURDAY JORGE GOT BAPTIZED AND IT WAS AMAZING! Hermana and I went to the church at 1:00 to start filling up the font because it take 4 hours!! So we studied and played some ping pong. At 4:00 Jorge and his family showed up and they were all so happy! It was the greatest feeling! Mirtha, Jorge’s wife gave the first prayer and just started crying ... She had been waiting for this day for a long time! Hermana Schroeder gave the baptism talk and I did the Holy Ghost talk and the room was so hot from the hot water in the font. I’m sure my cheeks were bright red. Jorge was so excited the whole time it was amazing to watch. Elder Berry baptized him and Jorge has a big fear of the water and when he entered he tripped and almost fell in. His wife and daughter got a good laugh from that. It was so special watching him get baptized I was just filled with complete joy. It went so good and then after his baptism there was a Father’s Day activity and everyone was welcoming him and it was super awesome to watch! Also after his baptism Hermana and I had dinner with him and we just talked about life and he was so happy you guys!  Sunday he received the Holy Ghost in Sacrament and Elder Komenda was the voice for the blessing and that was perfect. 

Sunday night we went over to their house and they were all just so happy! And Jorge showed as all his work he had to do, but he wasn’t going to do it because it was Sunday. He and his wife Mirtha were just so happy it’s hard to describe! I’m so grateful for them and all of their sweet spirits! No better feeling then helping our brothers and sisters come unto Christ! I wish you could all meet Jorge he is the best! It was an amazing week and I again just feel so blessed to be here in Chile, in this sector. I’m so excited to work hard this week and continue to serve those around me! I love missionary work, everyday I’m just so happy and feel so blessed! Love you all!! 

---

Hermana Falslev









No comments:

Post a Comment